Wintel Server Administration/Engineer
Aspira are looking for a Wintel Server Administrator/ Engineer for a Galway role.
- The Wintel Server Engineer / Administrator (Sys Admin) will work with the IT Operations team supporting day to day operations and support of information technology across the Institute. This includes, servers, storage area networks, tape backup facilities, wide area, local area and Wi-Fi networks, firewalls, desktop and laptop computers, associated operating systems; fixed and mobile voice services and automated distribution of system software and critical security patches.
- The Sys Admin will resolve incidents and problems reported to and escalated by the IT Service Desk. Together with the Senior Systems Administrator, the Sys Admin will maintain systems hardware and operating system software and related IT infrastructure to ensure it is fit for purpose and complies with IT policies and standards. The Sys Admin will provide technical advice and engages with service providers in provisioning new solutions.
- A limited amount of out-of-hours work may be required for systems installation, support or maintenance, estimated at approx.
- 4 hours evening work and 4 hours’ weekend work every second month.
- Administration of Windows Environments (Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Hyper-V, System Centre Configuration Manager, Operations Manager & Virtual Machine Manager, Exchange;
- Backup and Restore and Disaster Recovery (effective backup and recovery, and disaster recovery policy supporting Business SLAs; working knowledge of CommVault Backup & Recovery products);
- Other System Administration (LAN/WAN administration, SAN management and administration (Dell Compellent), Firewall Administration experience (Juniper), and a Working knowledge of Unix/Linux;
- General IT Competence (Azure cloud systems, structured IT service delivery practice e.g. ITIL);
- Good written and verbal Communications Skills (providing status updates to IT teams and managers and writing technical documentation).
Due to the expected volume of responses for this role, we are unable to give individual feedback.
Apply for the Role Below: