Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 National Project Awards, which were announced on Thursday, 29 November. The National Project Awards are organised by the Ireland Chapter of PMI voluntary committee. This year, our CEO, Pat Lucey had the honour of delivering the welcome address to attendees as President of the Ireland Chapter of PMI. Pat will continue his two-year presidency next year, 2019.
The winners are as follows:
• Project Professional of the Year 2018 (sponsored by PwC) — Declan Rundle, AIB
• PMO of the Year 2018 (sponsored by Datalex)— ESB IT Services
• Public Sector Project of the Year 2018 (sponsored by IPA) — Revenue Commissioners, Customer Engagement Strategy
• Private Sector Project of the Year 2018 (sponsored by Aspira) — AIB, GDPR Programme
• Social Good – Community 2018 (sponsored by the Ireland Chapter of PMI) — Tour de Munster, Charity Cycle
• Social Good – Corporate 2018 (sponsored by AIB) — Cork Airport, Charity of the Year programme
• Distinguished Contribution to Project Management 2018 (sponsored by CORA Systems) — Ed Naughton, Institute of Project Management
Speaking about the winners, Pat Lucey said: “The National Project Awards celebrate the very best of project management, at a time when demand for project managers has never been higher, due to a turbulent global economy exacerbated in Ireland by Brexit.
“By 2027, the Project Management Institute expects that employers around the world will need nearly 88 million project managers. The quality and range of this year’s entries showcase why project management is so vital to delivering successful projects across all sectors in Irish commercial life.”
Mr Lucey added: “We would like to thank our judging panel who diligently reviewed each entry and selected those who, in their view, exemplify project management excellence in Ireland. A special thank you also to our valued sponsors for their continued support.”
The National Project Awards recognise and honour individuals, project teams and organisations that have excelled within the project management discipline. The black-tie event took place at Spencer Dock, Dublin 1 and was compered by Newstalk Business Editor Vincent Wall.
The National Project Awards 2018 is proudly supported by principal sponsor PwC, along with AIB, Aspira, CORA Systems, Datalex, Institute of Public Administration (IPA) and the Ireland Chapter of PMI.