Duration: 2 Days
Dates: 05/06/2018, 06/06/2018
Practical Project Management is designed to establish a detailed understanding of Project Management terms, concepts and methodologies. The hands-on approach of this course ensures trainees “learn by doing” and gain a step-by-step, real-time experience of using the tools and implementing the methodologies and support structures. In simulating real-life environments, trainees gather the detailed knowledge required to apply the training on return to their work environment. Practical Project Management is designed for organizations or entrepreneurs that are interested in adopting or introducing a more formal Project Management approach to delivering their projects. We introduce project management terms, concepts and methodologies and show how these can be easily used to augment existing practices and make projects more predictable and consistent. Course follow-up includes provision of soft copies of a number of PMBoK-compliant Project management Tools and Templates – ready for immediate use in the workplace. This course is approved by the PMI®, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 16 PM Contact Hours or Professional Development Units which is documented via a PMI® REP® certificate from Aspira.
- Understand the five process groups: Initiating, Planning, Execution, Control and Closing.
- Learn the ten knowledge areas of project management (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement and Stakeholder Management).
- Get a detailed understanding of some of the key knowledge areas, including:
- How to put together a Project Charter – what’s important and what’s not
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure and using it to make sure that you capture the full scope of the project
- Estimation – understand how to come up with reliable effort and duration estimates
- Schedules – how to create and optimise a schedule so that you can have a realistic plan that can be achieved
- Learn how to identify risks to your projects success, and some techniques to minimise the impact of those risks to the project
- Explore some Project Communication methods that will help you get the right information to your key project stakeholders
- Learn how apply this learning to the participant’s own particular project/environment through use of case studies and working exercises based on realistic problems and real-life project scenarios and through completion of an assignment, including individual feedback and mentorship for each person.
Get in Touch
Aspira deliver award winning Project Management, IT and Business Analyst Training services internationally. The pursuit of excellence in training has been recognised through the achievement of international certification from both the PMI® and the IIBA®. Aspira also work in partnership with Cork Institute of Technology to offer a HETAC Level 8 accredited Diploma in Project Management.