We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Architect to work on-site in Abu Dhabi for a 6/12 month contract.
This is a high profile, high security project working in the field of security. This pivotal role will be responsible for defining the overall structure of a program or system, overseeing IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business, and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly.
- Leading the development of the enterprise architecture function or program, as well as promoting and communicating its progress, outcomes and results to the organization and its leaders.
- Understanding, advocating and supporting the enterprise’s IT strategies, as well as analysing its IT environment to detect deficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Leading and facilitating the creation of governing principles to guide information, technology, and solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Leading the identification and analysis of the enterprise’s business drivers to derive its business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Analysing IT industry and market trends to determine their impact on the enterprise.
- Consulting on application and infrastructure development projects to fit them to the architecture, as well as determining when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Designing and directing the governance structure and activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
- Overseeing the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, as well as the design of standard configuration.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree especially in IT related discipline is necessary but not mandatory. However, a thorough understanding of hardware and software components of the computer and computer networks is very important. A technical architect must have extensive knowledge of technologies such as programming languages such as Java or C#, and application frameworks such as SharePoint, CRM, ERP etc.
- Problem solving skills: He/she must be good at thinking up innovative ideas and solutions to problems. A technical architect must be an analytical thinker and logical in approaching issues
- Communication: A technical architect must possess effective communication skills that will allow him to convey complex technical details to clients in a straightforward manner
- Flexible and innovative: A technical architect must be innovative and should be up-to-date with current technologies. He/she must be able to identify technical issues and fix them. Most importantly, he/she should be flexible in making plans and program decisions.
- Degree or similar level of work experience;
- ICT certifications (i.e. HP, Microsoft etc) at some point in their career;
- Project Management certification an advantage;
- Strategic planning;
- Quality standards;
- Software development management;
- Project management;
- Network and relationship building;
- Change management.
An excellent package is on offer for the right candidate, including flights, accommodation, healthcare and salary tax benefits.
Apply for the Role Below: