Senior Firmware Design Engineer - Dublin
Our client has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Firmware Design Engineer to work within the R&D department. You will work on a diverse range of innovative security and access control products including IoT devices, wireless products, and embedded devices. They provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and ongoing training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in an Agile development environment,
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, and optimisation of features on all embedded products in the portfolio,
- Review and refactor code, fix issues, and collaborate with product and application engineering teams to help improve the complete system,
- Create and maintain technical documentation for developed software modules and features,
- Firmware development for product manufacturing test (e.g. test fixtures, PC level test, test procedures, etc.) in order to ensure optimal cost and quality of products supplied by EMS manufacturers,
- Approvals and Compliance – Ensuring firmware modules are designed to comply with relevant standards,
- Stay up to date on new technologies and trends.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related discipline,
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in firmware development,
- RTOS experience, Experience with JTAG debugging,
- SCRUM methodology,
- Strong understanding of the Continuous Integration pipeline model and the importance of automation in this,
- Experience working with automation tools: SVN, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, and Git,
- High-speed data communication and experience with communication protocols, TCP/IP, RS232, RS485.
- Expert skills in “C” and “C++” firmware development,
- Expert skills in development for Linux,
- Expert skills in Buildroot and Yocto,
- Clear and concise documentation skills,
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail,
- Effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills,
- A strong team player,
- Very good command of the English language both written and verbal,
- Comfortable working with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum).
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel.