Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer based in the UAE to support the cloud infrastructure that serves as the backbone of our evolving suite of commercial cyber security solutions.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and passionate with an excellent track record of success as a senior member of a systems administration team. This person is a talented and reliable DevOps Engineer who is continuously working to improve their abilities and knowledge base. They have experience working within a startup environment and understand the importance of balancing production with perfection. This individual knows when to challenge assumptions, take initiative, and lead or when to follow and execute tasks as assigned. With strong written and verbal communication skills this person is able to effectively translate business needs to technical tasks. Most importantly, the Senior DevOps Engineer is a team player with a great positive attitude.
- Design, implement, manage transition of cloud-based systems to on-premises cluster.
- Design, deploy, maintain, and monitor all cloud-based systems within product domain focusing on reliability, availability, performance, and security.
- Collaborate with engineering, quality assurance and other technical teams to create, update, and implement evolving development, staging, and production infrastructure requirements.
- Work with development teams to monitor and tune production systems in order to achieve optimum performance while adhering to budgetary constraints.
- Implement and drive adoption of automated provisioning and configuration management solutions such as CloudFormation and Ansible.
- Identify or develop scripts, tools, or other solutions to increase the overall efficiency of administrating cloud-based systems.
- Build and maintain working relationships with vendors and other departments involved in supporting product infrastructure.
- Perform incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis; report status and escalate issues and concerns to technical director as necessary.
- Prescribe system backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform recovery operations in the event system failure or data loss.
- Implement best-practices in hardening system, network, and application security.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of all projects and operating procedures.
- Work with leadership to define and adapt delivery schedules of systems or features
- Provide regular status updates to leadership.
- Continuously learn about new technologies and help keep the team informed of industry developments and evolving best practices.
- Operating Systems: Enterprise Linux (RedHat / CentOS / Amazon Linux)
- Programming Languages: Python, Bash
- Other Technologies: Nginx, Flask, GUnicorn, Redis, Graphana, Ansible, EC2, Lambda, S3/MINIO, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, ElasticStack, Apache Kafka
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, CitusData
- Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Virtualization / Containers: Kubernetes, Docker
- Productivity / Collaboration: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (GIT), CircleCI
- Excellent cross-functional English communication skills (verbal/written), collaboration, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence a prevailing positive approach. Able to build strong partnerships across the organization to deliver the best outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage technical knowledge to effectively guide development team.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment practices.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field and at least 10 years’ experience in systems administration with the last 5+ years specializing in cloud-based environments.
- Extensive experience with AWS including EC2, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Identify and Access Management services.
- Experience designing cloud-networks / systems.
- Experience managing cloud operations including data security, monitoring, alerting, and notifications.
- Experience supporting distributed application/database servers.
- Familiarity with highly-scalable applications, replication, and load balancing is critical.
- Experience with Site-to-Site VPN between public cloud and on-premise network, and application & network gateways.
- Experience working directly with architects and developers to debug problems and solutions.
- Experience in scripting and building required automation.
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration management.
- Comprehensive experience with network protocols and switch layering.
- Proven understanding of security concepts, principles and practices.
Apply for the Role Below: