Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Aspira are looking for a full-time senior data warehouse developer to lead data solutions development for our worldwide customers. If you’re a developer who loves taking on technical accountability, and are an expert data warehouse solutions developer, who can work equally well on smaller one developer projects, or large teams building enterprise data solutions, then we have unlimited opportunities for you.
We’re building a very strong software team, and if you want to lead the data analytics / data warehouse development, we’ve the right environment for you.
The role will be based at our Head office in Little Island, Cork. There will be some travel required to another site based in Ringaskiddy, so you’ll need your own transport.
As a Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer, you will work as a key technical lead amongst an array of very senior developers. You’ll be supporting enterprise data operations, analytics and reporting. You will occasionally be working on smaller data warehouse projects but more commonly, you’ll be working closely within a team of developers, with a variety of experiences covering data warehouse, ETL, BI engineers and business stakeholders. You will help to define, design and deliver business critical data structures and modelling. You will be part of a team of business data experts, delivering high-quality analytics and reporting content. Reporting to the Software Services Director. You will help define and support Aspira’s enterprise data warehouse capabilities and expand our profile and reputation in the enterprise community.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse supporting multiple data sources, apply data modelling best practices and standards, ensure data operations efficiency and performance
- Develop and maintain ETL processes as part of data warehouse operations utilizing a variety of industry leading tools and best practices
- Assist with performance tuning to resolve long-running queries, working directly with DBAs to interpret SQL Explain Plans and AWR reports and provide data processing recommendations
- Organize, plan and manage data warehouse code releases, adhering to SDLC processes and IT change management policy and procedures
- Monitor, and respond to data warehouse related requests captured through Aspira’s support service desk, Jira boards, Slack, and other user community interfaces
- Provide BI engineer support for fact and dimension table updates, data processing incidents, problems, and service requests
- Document data sourcing, data architectures, processing schedules and release notes to ensure data operations transparency and long-term sustainability
- Support the long-term analytics and reporting strategy by contributing to roadmaps, establishing best practices and leading business data transformation
Education: BS/BA in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
Experience: minimum 8+ years experience designing, developing and maintaining code and data structures within an enterprise data warehouse environment
- Expert-level developer of Oracle DB (11g, 12c), SQL, PL/SQL and understanding of advanced features such as DB partitioning, dynamic SQL, AWR
- Strong data modelling skills and ETL data movement experience (ODI, Snaplogic)
- Hands-on experience with data warehouse architectures, data modelling concepts, ETL design and cloud-based data integration techniques, report development and data visualization concepts
- Experience with PowerBI or Tableau Server a plus.
- Familiarity with OLAP cubes a plus
- Self-starter who can define their work, manage multiple priorities, and leverage critical thinking in all aspects of work product design and delivery
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills; proficiency in O365, MS Visio and PowerPoint tools to aid communications and understanding
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization: interpret user requirements, identify the root cause, research possible solutions, identify most feasible solutions
- Must be able to work creatively, calmly, flexibly and under tight deadlines in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting/multiple demands and opportunities
- Self-motivated, able to inspire users, work independently as well as with others in a matrix environment
POWER BI, ETL, DATA WAREHOUSE, data warehouse developer, SQL, SDLC, awr, Jira, slack, powerbi, dynamic sql, pl/sql, Oracle Pl/Sql, Oracle Sql, oracle 12c, odi, Visio
Apply for the Role Below: