Aspira are currently seeking experienced Scrum Masters for short and long term roles in The Netherlands.
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring the Scrum team lives agile values, principles and practices. The Scrum Master supports the team in being self-organized and capable of rapid change with the aim of continuously delivering the product goals.
The Scrum Master helps to ensure the team follow the agreed processes in the Scrum framework, often facilitating key sessions, driving for solid progress (velocity) and encouraging the team to improve. Key to the role is the removing of impediments, e.g. acting as a buffer between the team and any distracting influences. The role has also been referred to as a team facilitator or servant-leader to reinforce these dual perspectives.
- Guiding, coaching and motivating the team, within Scrum principles to deliver high-quality features for its product.
- Helping the product owner maintain the product backlog in a way that ensures the work is well understood so the team can continually make forward progress.
- Helping the team to determine the definition of done for the product, with input from key stakeholders (included related measurements/KPIs).
- Oversee and manage, scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support product goals.
- Promoting self-organisation within the team.
- Helping the scrum team avoid impediments to its progress.
- Organise and lead team events (ceremonies) to ensure regular progress.
- Coaching / representing the scrum team in cross-functional contexts e.g. via the Scrum of Scrums or Tribe activities.
- Communication with main stakeholders. Educating them on Agile and Scrum principles.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or similar.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
- 2+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master.
- 3+ years of experience in agile techniques such as User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Passionate about Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Proven experience in people management, risk management and change management.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Planning, time-management and organizing skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and leadership skills.
While prior industry specific experienced is not always a mandatory requirement, please do specify in your application if you have experience in the following industries:
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices.
Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit in order to proceed for this opportunity.