This 1-day introduction to Project Management is focused on teaching the fundamental management techniques and skills for organising and managing projects of all sizes. The session begins by answering some key questions that anyone new to project management might have such as:
- What is a project & how do projects differ from ordinary and ongoing work activities?
- What are the skills required of a Project Manager?
- What are the project success/failure measures?
- Explain the basic framework of Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition.
- Understand the 10 knowledge areas and five process groups as defined by PMBOK® Guide.
- Discuss the skills required to apply PM theory to real-life projects.
- Understand the elements that make good project scope management important.
- Explain the scope definition process and how to construct a work breakdown structure.
- Understand the importance of scope control.
- Understand how to identify and analyse risks.
- How to prioritise risks by assessing their probability and impact.
- How to develop risk strategy responses & the creation of a risk register.
Stakeholders & Communication
- Identify the people, groups or organisations that could impact or be impacted by the project.
- Analyse stakeholder expectations, their level of influence on the project and how to manage stakeholder engagement.
- Understand the importance of effective communication with your Stakeholders.
- This course is designed for people new to working on projects. It introduces them to basic concepts and tools and templates to help them to contribute successfully to delivering projects.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Aspira has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and students who successfully complete this 1-day course, will be awarded 8 pm contact hours or Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a PMI®REP® certificate from Aspira.
All our Project Management courses are fully aligned with PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition and are led by Pat Lucey, CEO of Aspira & President of Project Management Institute (PMI) Ireland Chapter.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.