The course is designed to be practical and ensures trainees “learn by doing” and gain a step-by-step, real-time experience of using the tools and implementing the methodologies and support structures. In simulating real-life environments, trainees gather the detailed knowledge required to apply the training on return to their work environment. The course uses Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® ) Guide 6th Edition as its reference and so helps prepare people for PMI® Certification if this is a future goal.
This 3-day PMP® Complete Project Management Professional Training course covers the following:
Project Management Framework and Concepts:
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Processes
- The Project Environment
- Project Phases and Development Lifecycles
- The Role of the Project Manager
Project Management ten knowledge areas:
Project Integration Management
- Develop Project Charter
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Manage Project Knowledge
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Close Projects or Phase
Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
Project Schedule Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Control Schedule
Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Control Costs
Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Manage Quality
- Control Quality
Project Resource Management
- Plan Resource Management
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Acquire Resources
- Develop Team
- Manage Team
- Control Resources
Project Communications Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Manage Communications
- Monitor Communications
Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Implement Risk Responses
- Monitor Risks
Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management
- Conduct Procurements
- Control Procurements
Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
There are three categories of people who benefit most from this course:
- New or prospective project managers, who are looking for guidance on the “right” way to manage their projects.
- Experienced project managers who had had to learn ‘on the job’ and may not be aware of the different proven tools and techniques in existence.
- Functional Managers/Line Managers, who may have to manage some projects “part-time” in addition to their real jobs.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, the eligibility requirements to sit the PMP® certification exam depend upon your education background and experience.
- If you hold the equivalent of the Leaving Certificate, then you need a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a project management environment to sit the PMP® certification exam.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, then you need a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a project management environment to sit the PMP® certification exam.
- If you have no experience in Project Management you can sit the CAPM® certification exam.
- This course is approved by the PMI®, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 24 PM Contact Hours or Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a PMI® REP® certificate from Aspira.
- Participants will be two thirds of their way to meeting their PMP® certification as well as meeting the training requirements for CAPM® Certification.
- Participants will also receive soft copies of PMBOK® Guide -compliant Project management Tools and Templates.
This course is approved and audited by the Project Management Institute, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 24 Contact Hours/Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a Certificate of Completion.
Completion of this course also gets participants 2/3 of their way to meeting their PMP certification as well as meeting their training requirements for CAPM® certification.
All our Project Management courses are fully aligned with PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition and are led by Pat Lucey, CEO of Aspira & President of Project Management Institute (PMI) Ireland Chapter.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.