This virtual classroom course is designed to be practical and ensures trainees “learn by doing” and gain a step-by-step, real-time experience of using the tools and implementing the methodologies and support structures. In simulating real-life environments, trainees gather the detailed knowledge required to apply the training on return to their work environment. The course uses Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® ) Guide 6th Edition as its reference and so helps prepare people for PMI® Certification if this is a future goal.
This 8 * 2 Hour Sessions Complete Project Management Professional (PMP) Training course covers the following:
Project Management Framework and Concepts:
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Processes
- The Project Environment
- Project Phases and Development Lifecycles
- The Role of the Project Manager
Project Management ten knowledge areas:
Project Integration Management
- Develop Project Charter
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Manage Project Knowledge
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Close Projects or Phase
Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
Project Schedule Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Control Schedule
Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Control Costs
Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Manage Quality
- Control Quality
Project Resource Management
- Plan Resource Management
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Acquire Resources
- Develop Team
- Manage Team
- Control Resources
Project Communications Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Manage Communications
- Monitor Communications
Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Implement Risk Responses
- Monitor Risks
Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management
- Conduct Procurements
- Control Procurements
Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
There are three categories of people who benefit most from this course:
- New or prospective project managers, who are looking for guidance on the “right” way to manage their projects.
- Experienced project managers who had had to learn ‘on the job’ and may not be aware of the different proven tools and techniques in existence.
- Functional Managers/Line Managers, who may have to manage some projects “part-time” in addition to their real jobs.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, the eligibility requirements to sit the PMP® certification exam depend upon your education background and experience.
- If you hold the equivalent of the Leaving Certificate, then you need a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a project management environment to sit the PMP® certification exam.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, then you need a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a project management environment to sit the PMP® certification exam.
- If you have no experience in Project Management you can sit the CAPM® certification exam.
- This course is approved by the PMI®, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 24 PM Contact Hours or Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a PMI® REP® certificate from Aspira.
- Participants will be two thirds of their way to meeting their PMP® certification as well as meeting the training requirements for CAPM® Certification.
- Participants will also receive soft copies of PMBOK® Guide -compliant Project management Tools and Templates.
This course is approved and audited by the Project Management Institute, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 24 Contact Hours/Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a Certificate of Completion.
Completion of this course also gets participants 2/3 of their way to meeting their PMP certification as well as meeting their training requirements for CAPM® certification.
List of available dates for the Project Management Professional (PMP) Course:
This course will be delivered virtually in two hour time-slots, twice a week over four weeks using industry leading collaborative software. There will be engaging and interactive activities both before, during and after each training session.
Please contact us for the next available dates.
All our Project Management courses are fully aligned with PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition and are led by Pat Lucey, CEO of Aspira & President of Project Management Institute (PMI) Ireland Chapter.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.