We are currently seeking an Operations Director with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role for a high-profile project in Abu Dhabi. This is a high profile, high security project working in the field of security. This pivotal role needs an experienced professional who has previously been responsible for:
- Overseeing network infrastructure and systems functionality
- Being responsible for device and password management
- Managing teams of technicians, system engineers and other IT staff
- Ultimately, you will ensure the IT systems are secure, consistent and reliable.
- Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers.
- Be responsible for device and password management.
- Oversee data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls).
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements.
- Resolve issues escalated by technicians and engineers.
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines.
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk.
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems.
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g. development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses.
- Develop IT policies and practices.
- Prepare reports and ensure optimal performance and maintain records of service level agreements.
- Determine availability of systems and IT networks and applications.
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager.
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing.
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR).
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT or relevant field.
An excellent package is on offer for the right candidate, including flights, accommodation, healthcare and salary tax benefits.
Apply for the Role Below: