Ingres Database Administrator
Aspira is looking for an Ingres Database Administrator to support the DBA functions, primarily for Ingres but also for MariaDB and Hazelcast, the databases incorporated in the technical transformation programme.
Start date: September 2020
Duration: 12+12 months
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland
The DBA will provide governance, support and maintenance for the Ingres and associated systems and all associated activities and requirements, in conjunction with the ICT team.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Ingres database administration and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of both MariaDB and Hazelcast databases.
- Good working knowledge of HVR replication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including synthesis of multiple information sources, identification of dependencies and issues and their proposed resolution, and quick absorption of significant detail.
- Strong Data definition, Data Mapping, Data migration and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and facilitation abilities, that can be applied to produce rigorous and accurate business process definitions.
- Strong proficiency in Jira/Confluence or equivalent tools.
- Strong proficiency with and experience in standard office tools such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and a willingness to learn and become proficient in other tools where necessary.
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery planning and contribution.
- A highly organised, self-motivated and self-sufficient approach to managing tasks.
- High level of discretion and the corresponding ability to handle sensitive information.
- High level of integrity in collaborating with colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a professional demeanour.
Apply for the Role Below: