Full Stack Developer
Aspira are currently seeking an experienced full-stack developer to work on our client site in Park West, Dublin 12.
- Help translate high level business ideas into viable POC`s and Prototype solutions. Deliver these solutions in an iteratively way & under time-boxed (weeks) or cost-box constraints.
- Work with project teams to quickly develop full stack solutions using the most appropriate technology and architectures (OpenSource, Cloud etc.) to achieve desired outcome.
- On a daily basis, engage in a highly collaborative way with local and remote stakeholders & product owners to design, deliver and demo their solutions.
- Hands-on design, coding and test support of the RPT deliverables across the full IT architecture stack.
- Support central and local IT teams to setup and manage the technical delivery frameworks and environments (repositories, tools, automation, test-frameworks, automated deployment etc.) ensuring a continuous and iterative delivery approach.
- Ensure PoC and Prototype scopes remain solution & delivery orientated. Closely work with project teams to manage and control overall scope, and projects technical footprint.
Ensure all assigned work is completed to a high level of quality and in line with agreed timelines & costs.
- Manage, own, and maintain a clear understanding of the scope and timelines of all initiatives underway (or in the pipeline) across the team.
Work with the project tem on identifying & trialling new technologies and identify pragmatic ways to incorporate.
- Create functional capabilities that will be reused across future solutions.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in software development, preferably from a start-up environment and/or with experience of the insurance / financial services domains.
- Demonstrable solution delivery skills with a focus on end-to-end delivery.
- Hands on experience of using Open Source technologies & frameworks (across the full stack) and applying these using rapid / lightweight approaches.
- Hands on experience of solution design, testing & development using DevOps techniques & platforms and using Agile / iterative development methodologies. (TDD, Jenkins, GitHub, SpringBoot).
- Experience of managing solution scope and delivering concurrent projects within tight constraints.
- Experience of developing solutions that work across multiple delivery channels (Web, Mobile, Tablet).
- Experience of delivering projects which leverage Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings and/or Cloud based solutions (AWS, Docker, Cloud Foundry).
- Comprehensive SDLC experience (esp. in Agile / Iterative / RAD methodologies).
- Background in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science.
- Experience working in matrix organisations with globally distributed teams & cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Science.
- Ability to travel will be required periodically.
- Appropriate work permits to work in Ireland & travel across Europe.
- Pro-active individual, with a hands-on end-to-end ownership approach.
- Self-driven, solution oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills – role has a high level of global engagement.
- Comfortable working in changing environments.
- Pragmatic delivery orientation.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Excellent time management & self-organisation skills.
- Salary: around 65K
- Medical Insurance – AWC provides employees with a 66% contribution for private medical insurance and this will cover the employee, his/her spouse and any children under the age of 18. The current plan is Company Plan plus Level 1.
- Staff Insurance Scheme – Permanent employees are entitled to a 50% discount on insurance premiums for Household, to a max of €185, and Motor Insurance, to a max of €603. These policies are underwritten by Allianz Ireland.
- Transport Subsidy – The Company will contribute €960 to the cost of the annual TaxSaver ticket. If the cost of the ticket is less than €960 per annum, only the price of the ticket will be covered. This company contribution is split over 10 months and is taxable.
- Parking – Free parking is available
- Childcare allowance – AWC gives an allowance of €634 per annum for each dependent child under the age of 5 for childcare costs.
- Pension Scheme – AWC has a defined contribution pension scheme for employees after their probationary period. The Company contributes 8% of basic salary and the employee contributes 5%. The Company also pays the premiums for Life Assurance and Disability benefits under this plan. Full details of the scheme are available upon commencement of employment.
- Company Holidays – In addition to 21 days annual leave, the company allows two extra days leave as Company Holidays. These are for the most part to be taken on Good Friday and the last working day before Christmas Day.
- Educational Assistance – Financial assistance and study leave. We are also gearing towards all customer-facing employees becoming CIP qualified.
- Training – We offer a minimum of 7 training days per employee per year.
- Sports and Social Club – there is a very active Sports and Social club, which organizes events such as table quizzes, comedy nights, tickets for concerts, sports events, and family events.
Apply for the Role Below: