Aspira are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer / Audio Engineer to work on an expanding portfolio of purpose-built applications designed to meet the daily collaboration and communications needs of business professionals. These solutions are for web, video and audio conferencing, webinars and webcasting, project management and productivity.
The client has customer care teams internationally that train, support and service over 45,000 customers as they use the platform to talk, chat, message and collaborate every day.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer/ Audio Engineer to join the team that will scope, design, develop and deploy a new audio platform for call delivery and distribution. The team will use AWS and modern DevOps methodologies to deliver this project.
You will be part of the team responsible for designing, configuring and deploying the servers as needed.
You will work with other team members to load test and iteratively optimise the system.
You will be responsible for designing multifaceted failover mechanisms and designing self-healing mechanisms into the system.
There is some flexibility for remote working in this role as well as onsite in Clonakilty, County Cork.
Responsibilities: (DevOps Engineer/Audio Engineer – Linux / Ansible / Docker / Kamailio / Freeswitch).
- Design, develop and deploy a cloud-based audio delivery system.
- Configure and containerise Kamailio, Freeswitch and other opensource audio application servers.
- Develop a range of failover mechanisms.
- Work with the conferencing development team to integrate these servers into our client’s audio ecosystem.
- Troubleshoot and optimise systems and identify bottlenecks.
- Use SIP tools to analyse calls.
- Develop proof of concepts of Least-Cost-Routing solutions.
- Ability to drive DevOps methodologies, principles and automated tools using current DevOps methodologies.
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g. containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring and pipelines.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Solve complex, highly technical problems.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Aurora, Route 53 etc.
- Experience with audio systems such as Asterisk, Freeswitch, FusionPBX, Kazoo, OpenSER, Kamailio.
- Infrastructure and configuration automation experience with Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Containerisation experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- AWS CLI scripting for deployment, monitoring and real-time management.
- Audio call flow analysis using SIP and problem identification.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Experience with Git Version Control.
- Server based firewall setup, configuration and management (e.g. UFW, IP tables, DNS, IP, Routing, Firewall rules, etc).
- Solid working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian).
- Experience with MySQL and strong SQL query skills.
- Experience in scripting and automating DevOps tasks using Python.
- Very Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required.
Apply for the Role Below: