Project managers encounter many challenges in the pursuit of successful completion of objectives. Among the challenges is the strong possibility of working with stakeholders who you may have no formal authority over, but the project success hinges on their cooperation with you. Understanding how to navigate the matrix environment and build relationships with key stakeholders comprises a constellation of capabilities from networking and coalition building to persuading and negotiating. This course provides you with the skills and tools to influence without authority.
The Matrix Organization
- The Project Landscape
- Navigating the Matrix Environment
- The role of the Project Manager
- Identifying your Stakeholders
- Prioritising your Stakeholders using Power/Interest grid
- Analysing your stakeholders using Stakeholder Engagement Assessment Matrix
- Control Stakeholder Engagement
Influence for Success
- Exploring the Roadmap to Influence
- Diagnosing the World of Key Influencers
- Identifying Relative Currencies
- Understanding and applying the Six Principles of Persuasion
- Why is it important to talk the talk?
- The words we use
- Keeping your audience in mind
- Communicating the Message
- Establishing Psychological Safety
- Building Trust
- Negotiation Styles & Strategies
This course is targeted at Project Managers and Project Team members.
All our Project Management courses are fully aligned with PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition and are led by Pat Lucey, CEO of Aspira & President of Project Management Institute (PMI) Ireland Chapter.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.