Teams and leaders encounter many challenges in the pursuit of successful completion of objectives. Among the challenges is the strong possibility of working with stakeholders who you may have no formal authority over, but the project success hinges on their cooperation with you. Understanding how to navigate the matrix environment and build relationships with key stakeholders comprises a constellation of capabilities from networking and coalition building to persuading and negotiating. This course provides you with the skills and tools to influence without authority.
The Project Landscape
- Understanding the Project Landscape
- Navigating the Matrix Environment
- Project Manager as Influencer
The Roadmap to Influence
- Identify & Prioritise Stakeholder Relationships
- Clarify your Goals and Objectives
- Explore the World of Key Influencers
- Identify what matters to them
- Mirror & Match Work Styles
Understanding resistance, decision making and choices
- Breaking through Resistance – the major barriers to influencing others
- Decision making traps
- Six Principles of Persuasion
Building Psychological Safety & Establishing Trust
- What is Psychological Safety?
- Setting the Stage for Candor and Curiosity
- Inviting Participation through designing Structures
- Responding Productively
- Establishing Trust
Framing the Message
- The Power of Talk
- Mastering Crucial Conversations
- Make it Safe when Emotions run High
- Master your Stories
- Four Listening Tools to encourage people to share
- Turning Crucial Conversations into Actions
This course is targeted at leaders and members of teams who want to influence more effectively.
All our Project Management courses are fully aligned with PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition and are led by Pat Lucey, CEO of Aspira & President of Project Management Institute (PMI) Ireland Chapter.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.