The Rubicon centre is Ireland’s primary incubation centre based on the Cork Institute of Technology Campus. The centre supports approximately 30 start-up companies and 180 people in its two buildings in Cork providing office space with enterprise level IT network, VOIP phone system and Internet connectivity along with mentoring and other support services.
The Rubicon Project required a Helpdesk solution including, a point of contact and first level support to customers and end users. Management of incoming customer requests via phone, email, voicemail and web interface and prioritize incidents based on severity and impact to business production. The Helpdesk should have the functionality to service internal and external clients by supporting; hardware, operating systems software applications and telephony. Critically, assisting clients with set up and troubleshooting of various software programs, including helping customers as their needs change to better utilise the various functions within the programs.
The Aspira Team provided prompt and professional support services to local and remote customers by troubleshooting, analysing and diagnosing incidents and engaging appropriate technical/non-technical resources to resolve them. The helpdesk was able to manage incoming customer requests via phone, email, voicemail and web interface and prioritise incidents based on severity and impact to business production. A system of recording of and documenting of support incidents in incident management system, monitor and manage multiple ticket queues was introduced. To aid a speedy resolution, all new incidents/ service requests were diagnosed and assigned to the appropriate workgroups, which take ownership of the incident, or escalated to Level 2 and Level 3, if required, in order to ensure status update and resolution.
Helpdesk Solution included the following services:
- Basic hardware troubleshooting.
- Basic investigation of network issues on both wired and wireless networks.
- Assist in issues regarding local and network printing.
- Installation and distribution of desktops, laptops and mobile devices based on specific standardised builds.
- Troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, Office365, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Lync/skype related issues.
- Proactive monitoring of client environments, utilising RMM & PSA tools.
- Reporting status in a timely fashion, including completion/non-completion of assigned tasks, client requests for services, identified opportunities, etc.
- Providing input and suggestions for possible ways to improve company’s service levels.
- Implementing systems, including hardware and software, according to client need.
- Providing input and suggestions for possible enhancements to technical standards.
- Compiling data through Incident entry that will be used for management information and reporting.
The Aspira team achieved the objective of ensuring customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis training and supporting help desk representatives and technicians. Helpdesk solutions were documented to form a repository of knowledge, which would then be utilised to act as a basis for user guides to both internal and external clients.