Business Technology Project Manager
Aspira are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the Delivery Department for a global aviation company. As Project Manager you are responsible for leading, planning, structuring, executing and finalising complex IT projects or programmes.
The role includes planning, resource management, financial management, risk management, stakeholder management, communications and aspects of supplier management in the delivery of projects. The successful candidate will build, lead and mentor a project team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
The Role is responsible for managing the project team consisting of project management, business analysts and software development staff, business staff and third parties. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Experience in retail banking or credit card payment, chip and pin, card processing would be of benefit for this position.
The Project Manager will work in close conjunction with the Technology Programme Management office and will work closely with business stakeholders, technical partners and Managed Service providers.
Based in Dublin Airport, this role reports into the Programme Manager
- Manage the project’s budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Plan the project and monitor its overall progress, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team to deliver the project.
- Manage third party contributions to the project as appropriate.
- Ensure the delivery of any new products or services from the projects are to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan.
- Responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of the project.
- Communicate with all stakeholders.
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- Manage the risks to the project’s successful outcome.
- Report progress of the project at regular intervals to Management and Business stakeholders.
- The Project Managers also manage 3rd parties involved in delivering projects.
Key Qualifications & Criteria
- IT / Computer Science Third-Level Qualification.
- Strong Project Management experience in a Technical delivery role.
- Extensive experience as Project Manager gained in a business, where the focus has been on delivery of key projects.
- Evidence of delivering major projects across the full lifecycle from conception to production, in demanding business environments using blended teams of internal and 3rd party resources.
- Strong experience with Project management methodologies – e.g. PRINCE II, PMP.
- Strong organizational skills, as demonstrated by previous experience of managing demanding stakeholders to deliver multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills – shares clear and appropriately detailed information (Written and Oral).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, either individually or under a programme of work.
- Seeks opportunities to improve upon existing technologies, processes, and practices.
- Demonstrates personal energy and a positive attitude that influences others.
- Team Player with ability to motivate and drive team to success.
- Project Management Qualification (e.g. Scrum master, PRINCE2 / PMP) desirable.
Apply for the Role Below: